Dr. de Jongh practices a comprehensive approach to general dentistry and facial aesthetics, treating the majority of dental conditions and associated non-surgical concerns of the aging face. Restorative dentistry involves far more than your teeth alone. Deciding to restore your worn, missing or damaged teeth will have a holistic impact on your appearance and your life. Dr. de Jongh’s experience with dentistry, facial aesthetics and anti-aging treatments allows him to develop treatment plans that transform your tooth function, oral health and facial appearance. His restorative dental work is indistinguishable from natural teeth. Undertaking this restorative process might feel like a big decision, but it will have an immeasurable positive impact on your life.
What to Expect from Full Mouth Reconstruction
Full mouth reconstruction typically involves comprehensive restorative treatments. All or some of the teeth may be treated. Dr. de Jongh’s ultimate goal is twofold: improve function and aesthetics. The group of treatments will be determined by your dental needs, personal preferences, budget, and other concerns. Dr. de Jongh will engage in detailed, one-on-one conversations with you to arrive at a treatment plan with which you are comfortable, and which will deliver ideal results.
The first and most important step is evaluating the health of your teeth, gums and jaw. Dr. de Jongh will treat any existing decay, gum disease or jaw disorder before rebuilding teeth. This ensures that you have a healthy foundation to build on, and that your restorative treatments will succeed.
Treatments involved may include:
- Teeth cleaning or deep cleaning to remove plaque and tartar
- Crown lengthening to exposure healthy tooth structure
- TMJ treatment to reposition and stabilize the jaw in a healthy position
- Gum contouring to balance tooth/gum display in your smile
- Permanent restorations like crowns, veneers, inlays/onlays or bridges to rebuild teeth and craft an aesthetically ideal smile
- Orthodontic treatment to move teeth into optimal positions
- Dental implant placement to support accompanying restorations and replace missing teeth
- Bone grafting or soft tissue grafting to create a foundation for implants or restore gum tissue, and support restorations
…or whatever else might be appropriate for your treatment plan. Dr. de Jongh values clear communication with his patients and will ensure that you are aware of every step of the treatment plan before getting started.
Who Benefits from Full Mouth Rehabilitation?
Typically, full mouth reconstruction candidates experience one or more of the following –
- Multiple missing teeth
- Multiple teeth with large, old fillings that are failing or decaying
- Multiple cracked or broken teeth
- Severely worn teeth due to grinding
- Congenital disorders affecting the teeth like ectodermal dysplasia, amelogenesis, or dentinogenesis imperfecta
If you have been unhappy with the appearance of your smile, uncomfortable while chewing, speaking or at rest, or experiencing any other discomfort or distress due to your teeth or your jaw, it’s time to regain comfort. Schedule a complimentary consultation to meet with Dr. de Jongh.